Your task today is to start a gratitude journal.
You don’t have to have an actual, physical journal to start (although we all love a good excuse to pick up a fresh, empty notebook, don’t we?). It can be public or private, typed up or written down. You can use sticky notes and create an entire wall of things to be thankful for, or even share your thoughts on Facebook and encourage your friends to join you in the Happiness Challenge.
However you choose to participate, begin by writing down three things you are thankful for.
- Be as specific as possible,
- don’t list the same thing twice,
- and try not to take yourself too seriously!
And of course, if you enjoy and find benefit in this or any task from the challenge, consider choosing that as an ongoing habit in your life.
1. I am thankful for my two beautiful daughters and my angel. I’m thankful I get to wake up to those two cute little faces and that I’m getting to watch them go from babies through their lives to developing their own interests, talents and personalities.
2. I couldn’t be half the person I am right now without my husband. When I’m feeling too tired or am in too much pain, he’s pulling my half of the weight- and not complaining (much lol)
3. My parents- They also help so much, especially while I’m getting stabilized on my thyroid meds and am working towards gaining as much of my health back. My mom is also a great person to go to when I need a reality check and she reads up on so much and helps. She also is taken seriously by specialists and teachers- which I’m still, I guess, too young looking to have happen. If I take her with me, they take me more seriously and will talk more than when I’m alone.